The holiday season is a joyous time, but unfortunately, it is also top season for theft. If you walk around your neighborhood, it isn’t hard to see all the holiday deliveries left on porches of unsuspecting homeowners. Protecting yourself from theft is all about prevention. To avoid being a victim of holiday theft:
- Have your deliveries sent to your work (if allowed)
- Request valuable shipments be held by the shipper for in-person pickup. Most major shipping companies even have apps now that can help streamline this process.
- See if your shipping company has additional options. Amazon recently introduced “lockers” where they will place your shipment in a locker with a special code just for you.
- Does a retired relative live nearby? Have packages delivered to them. It is always a great opportunity to see family anyway.
- Sign up for delivery notifications. Many companies send this to you by email, but many carriers have text message notifications.
- Install a home surveillance system that focuses on the area where your packages are delivered. A pricier alternative if you can’t always be there to monitor your home.
- Discuss with your neighbors to keep an eye out for unfamiliar vehicles.
Enjoying the holiday season is easy, but preventing theft isn’t always. We hope your holiday season is free of criminal activity.
Leslie Kay’s Insurance has been providing customers in the 48 contiguous states the best service and coverage for all their insurance needs since 2000. We work hard to find you the right insurance company for your specific needs. Because we are an independent insurance agent we can shop for a great rate on motorcycle, auto, home or RV through multiple carriers. Checkout our insurance website 24/7 or request a quote and an agent will call you back!