Motorcycle Insurance Quote by Leslie Drury
Sorting out your motorcycle insurance is often a hurried affair. You might completely forget about it until the day before your renewal is due.
You could just let it automatically renew with your current insurer, but that might not always give you the best rate. To better prepare yourself get your initial quotes online and then call insurers to see if they can give you better rate.
It pays to be organized. Set a reminder in your phone or online calendar a couple of weeks before your policy is due for renewal to give you time to get organized. Here are a few things you will need to have handy when requesting a quote.
- Year of the motorcycle.
- Make of the motorcycle.
- Model of the motorcycle.
- Vehicle Identification Number.
- Value of all accessories added to the motorcycle after it left the factory.
- Current policy with limits of coverage.
- Lienholder (if any) with the name and address of the lienholder listed on the policy.
- Dates of traffic violations.
- Have you taken and completed a motorcycle endorsement course?
- Do you have any memberships such as HOG, AARP or BMW? Discounts are available for different types of organizations.